Saturday, September 03, 2005

We Will Rebuild New Orleans

I wasn't going to post about the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. But the disaster is bigger than I imagined. I think that Bloggers can help out, as well as pass the word. We need to encourage people to pitch in a little bit.

Here is a list with tons of relief agencies and organizations that anyone can pick and choose at their discretion. Every little bit helps.

http://instapundit.com/archives/025235.php

As I understand it, in New Orleans, there was a mandatory evacuation process underway, but for whatever reason, reportedly 20% of the population stayed. Anarchy ensued to some extent. Some scumbags have taken advantage of the situation to loot people's homes and rape young girls. I've read that shots were fired at rescue helicopters.

I posted a couple of clips of President Bush's radio address explaining what is being done at the Federal level to address this situation.

this is an audio post - click to play

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home