Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Interesting...

Something caught my attention while reading "Power Line At The Movies: A Report". So I decided to take note of it and thought that whoever is reading FORWARD (lol) right now would find this interesting:

We got an email from someone at Warner Brothers a couple of days ago, asking how they can get us to do private screenings and reviews of their movies, too. These folks have figured out that the major bloggers have audiences that exceed those of most movie reviewers


I want to hear libs say this alot more of this in the future:

"We consider our work, therefore, to have been brought to an end."

Who said that?

Skye, over at Globalcop.us quoting an "International Freedom Center" statement after Governor Pataki scrapped the project that was going to be imposed against the wishes and desires of most Americans by a few kooks. Such as Richard "Nice Try" Toefel the president of the proposed museum.

Here's a few excerpts from the video and the transcript at that last link:


O'REILLY: ...Then this guy Toefel put his — actually patted her [Deborah Burlingame] on the back and whispered "nice try." In a sarcastic way, would you say?

BRIAN KILMEADE: Yes, it was in the studio. Then he took off into the green room. I don't think it was meant for me to hear. So I asked her as she started crying again, "What did he just say to you?"

She said he said, "Nice try."

I thought he patted her way too hard, as well.

So I quickly followed him to the green room. And I said, "What are you doing?"

He said, "You don't know the whole story."

I go, "All I know is you should not be talking to her like that and don't touch her again. It's totally inappropriate."

...No apology. Had to be convinced to leave the building. This to wait for a woman who's in studio and, clearly it is if — and I would just use this analogy. Imagine going to somebody's wake and going and mocking the widow. That's how inappropriate his comments were. Debate the Freedom Center all you want, but I don't understand the anger, the smugness, and the arrogance of this guy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

Hey Chris!

Haven't seen you around The California Conservative lately. Did you know that TCC just picked up a new writer? He hasn't been officially announced yet, but any diligent researcher can figure out who it is.

I enjoy reading your blog from time to time although I hesitate to comment. Just wanted to stop in and say, "hello."

9:37 AM  
Blogger A Person said...

Dang, why do I always miss the good segments? I had just said something about Debra Burlingame the other day and thought her opposition to their ideas was very compelling. I agreed with her. And for Toefel to go that far was inexcusable.

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home